How To Grill Monster 48oz Porterhouse T Bone Steak!
Char-grilled porterhouse T Bone steak, which is also known as charcoal steak, is a process of cooking meat for different meals.
Although different varieties of animal steaks can be char-grilled technically, this process is used for preparing chuck steaks.
In the process, steaks are thoroughly grilled using charcoal. Do not confuse the process with gas-grilled steaks where steak is grilled using propane. The primary use of charcoal for grilling T bone steak is to add a lot of richness to this cut.
Porterhouse T Bone Steak: Grilling It Both The Ways
Below, we will go through the process of grilling T Bone steak both the ways, i.e., gas grilling and charcoal grilling. Monster 48oz porterhouse T bone steak is a delight for every individual who loves grilled dishes. It is a three to three-and-a-half inches steak that can feed three to four individuals.
Porterhouse T Bone Steak: Ingredients Required For Grilling
- T Bone steak: 3 inches
- Rosemary leaves: 1 tbsp
- Extra virgin olive oil: two tablespoons
- Sage leaves: 1 tbsp
- Black pepper: 1 ½ tablespoon
- Thyme leaves: 1 tbsp
- Kosher salt: 1 tablespoon
- Parsley for garnishing
- For gas grilling, the very first step is allowing the steak to be at room temperature. It will take around an hour.
- During this time you can make all the preparations.
- Combine sage, rosemary, pepper, thyme, and salt with olive oil.
- Try mixing it thoroughly so that it turns into a perfectly blended paste.
- Next, coat the whole meat with this herb blend. Also, coat the sides.
- Your next step is heating the grill to around 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put your steak on the grill and allow it to cook for around nine to twelve minutes or until it gets charred. This is only for the side you have placed first. You will need another nine to twelve minutes to grill the other side.
- Cook for at least fifteen to twenty minutes depending on the steak thickness.
- Remove the grill once you find the interior temperature has reached around 128 degrees. Cover the meat and allow it to rest for five minutes.
Porterhouse T Bone Steak Recipe For Charcoal Grilling
All the ingredients will be the same even if you are thinking of grilling the steak on charcoal. However, you will have to grill half coals and half-open. The timing will be the same for both sides. Once both the sides have been perfectly char-grilled, move the steak to the open grill. Cook it for another half an hour till it reaches desired tenderness.
Some Useful Tips
It is always a good idea to salt porterhouse T bone steak early on. It is because salt starts dissolving into the moisture content of the meat. So, when you have the steak on the grill, the proteins and sugars in moisture combine with salt for creating a lip-smacking crust. Your main objective behind grilling steak should be charring the surface and turning it brown. Nevertheless, you should also pay attention to cooking its interiors perfectly for bringing out the desired juicy tenderness.