We all like easy snacks. Meatballs are the best choice of an easy snack. The idea is to make the meat tender and modest enough. The dish blends in the taste and richness of the meat. Here is a simple old school recipe for Meatballs. This recipe makes about 28 pieces. It also serves about 4-6 people. The preparation time for this dish is about 20-35 minutes. While the cooking time is 35 minutes, so let’s start making some Meatballs? Let’s start picking the required materials.
Ingredients For Meatballs.
- Dry breadcrumbs- 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- One egg
- Parmesan cheese – 1/2 cup grated
- Parsley leaves – 1/4 cup finely chopped, pick fresh leaves.
- Kosher salt – 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper – freshly ground
- Ground meat- 1 pound; you can choose from beef, chicken, turkey, pork, etc.
- Onion – 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Clove garlic – 1 minced.
Before we start making the Meatballs, pick the necessary equipment too –
- Few mixing bowls
- A knife
- Cutting board
- Baking sheets.
Steps To Make Meatballs.
- Begin by mixing milk and the breadcrumbs. First, add the breadcrumbs to a small bowl and then add milk. Now, stir them together. Let the mix sit as you make the meatballs. The breadcrumbs will soon become sight as it absorbs the liquid.
- Take another bowl and add egg, salt, cheese, and parsley. Whisk the entire mixture in a gentle and manner. Do not forget to add the required ingredients. Make sure you add a generous quantity of pepper. Blend the mix in well.
- After the whisking adds the ground meat to the egg blend, use your hands to blend the meat and the egg mix well. You will get a robust combination, which is your base.
- Now add the onions and the breadcrumbs into the meat. Knead the mix well with your hand and some garlic. Do not overdo the meat.
- After the mix is ready, knead them into meatball. Take a tray and line it with a baking sheet. Now, roll the meat mixture into balls. Continue rolling until done and place it on the sheet.
- You can roast the meatball in the oven or even broil them. Please make sure the sides turn brown when you cook them. You can serve them immediately and freeze them for later.
- Alternatively, you can cook the meatball in a sauce of your choice. Add the meatball in the pan and let them simmer. The sauce becomes thicker and rich in taste as you simmer.
- After making the meatball, you can serve them with a sip or sauce or your own choice!
Meatball Recipe Notes.
- Here are some tips you can follow while making meatballs-
- Avoid overcooking the meat. It hampers the dish. Use your fingers to mix the meat.
- Make sure you blend your milk and breadcrumbs.
- You can always store the extra meatballs with sauce or without. Make sure you keep it frozen. You can keep it in the fridge for about five days.
- Making your meatballs a day ahead of actual preparation is possible. You can store them for a day before making the real dish.